Need a little more "pep in your step"? Brew some homemade mint tea!
One whiff of fresh peppermint is an instant mood booster. And the energizing effects of spearmint tea can last for hours.
This recipe makes one serving. For more servings, use a large tea pot and increase the amount of herbs and water proportionally.
1. Put water to boil over medium-high heat. While the water is warming ...
2. Prep your mint for brewing. If you're using dried leaves, rub them between your fingers to crunch them up. If you're using fresh herbs, cut or tear them into small-ish pieces.
3. Put the mint into your teapot or infuser.
4. When your water has just barely reached the boiling point, pour it over your mint leaves; and let your tea steep (covered) for about 5 minutes.
5. When steeping time is over, remove the infuser and set it aside ...
... and enjoy your "homegrown" mint tea!!!
Do you prefer a blend of mints in your tea? With just a few varieties of mint from your herbal tea garden, lots of unique flavor combos are possible!
Sweet Orange Apple Mint Tea is a blend of two herbs: orange mint (a/k/a "citrus mint") and apple mint.
Apple mint gives this tea a light "Macintosh-y" scent and taste. Citrus mint adds a bit of zing. I usually stir in a spoonful or two of homemade stevia syrup at serving time for added sweetness!
This soothing tea will warm your innards on a chilly winter day. Or sip it from a frosty, ice-filled glass when the summer heat is getting to you. Either way, it's delish!
Helpful Hint: Please don't hesitate to experiment with this recipe. Change the amounts of apple mint, citrus mint, and stevia to suit your personal taste!
Sweet Orange Apple Mint Tea is brewed almost the same way as the Basic Mint Tea recipe (see above). The only difference is the steeping time.
An extra few minutes of steeping coaxes a richer flavor from the apple mint. For this recipe, 8 - 10 minutes of steeping time is perfect!
If you enjoyed this article and found it helpful, please click the "Like" button to let me know. Thanks!
New! CommentsFeel free to leave me a comment in the box below!